QUEZON CITY, Nov. 22– Twelve DOST-assisted Technology Business Incubators (TBIs) across the Philippines have officially signed the Memorandum of Agreement for the country’s upgraded technology business incubation program during the 3rd Technology Business Incubator Summit.
The “TBI 4.0 Program” aims to upgrade the capabilities of the agency’s technology business incubation network that would set off the “internationalization” of Philippine TBIs.
- University of the Philippines, UPSCALE Innovation Hub
- University of the Philippines Cebu
- Asian Institute of Management, AIM – Dado Banatao Incubator
- De La Salle University, Animo Labs
- Caraga State University, Navigatú
- West Visayas State University, Green Technology Business Incubator at WVSU
- MSU-LIT (Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology, IDEYA
- QBO Innovation Hub
- University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines
- Batangas State University, Kite
- University of the Philippines Los Baños, SIBOL
- Palawan State University, Palawan International Technology Business Incubator
DOST-Philippines Secretary Fortunato de la Peña, together with DOST PCIEERD Executive Director Engr. Raul Sabularse, led the MOA signing between the 12 officials at the Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria in Ortigas, Pasig City on 20 November 2019.
The Philippine Startup Week 2019 is the country’s first large-scale collaborative initiative by the DOST, the DTI Philippines, the Department of Information and Communications Technology – DICT, QBO Innovation Hub and various private agencies, to showcase the Filipino startup community through simultaneous nationwide events.(DOST) (source: https://pia.gov.ph/press-releases/releases/1030599 )